Saturday, October 22, 2011

J LOVES CAKE!!

And I loved this session!  I was told the cake wasn't bad either.  I may or may not have sampled it during the clean up process.  Well, this may be the most enjoyable, entertaining session I have ever done.  J is just such a smiley child.  She is always happy (unless of course, someone tries to take away her candy or cake.  The child has a definite sweet tooth!).  Her expressions were priceless!  I wish I had been able to video it.  At first, her sampling of the cake started in a tentative, shy manner: sticking a single little finger in, licking off the frosting, looking at mom for the okay, and then giggling and batting her big baby blues.  As the session progressed, she grew bolder and bolder until she was grabbing big handfuls of the cake and trying to shove it all in her mouth, laughing and squealing all the while. 
This was the second "studio" session. Here are a few things I learned:
1. Don't use a wrinkled backdrop. (Duh, but the stupid "oh, I'll fix it in PS" idea allowed me to forgo this critical step.  I did fix it in photoshop, all 57 times.)
2.  Red velvet cake + white backdrop and white "studio floor"= I'll let you solve this one.
3. Have guest bathroom prepared for a bath immediately following the "cake smash"!
4. I think I want to specialize in child photography. Pure joy is what this whole session was for me.

Ok, now for the pics!!
                      



























No comments:

Post a Comment