Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas+Cake Smash+Family Photos

I was beside myself when sweet Allie's mom called me about setting up a session.  She wanted a winter theme/ not overtly Christmas theme so I set about designing the perfect set.  I love this part of it.  Oh the things I could do with an endless supply of money!! But for now, I shop at places like Goodwill, Salvation Army and of course clearance racks at every store.  The idea for the purple setup started when I found the tutu on clearance at Target.  That led to the hat purchase, which was actually not on sale (I rationalized that I will use it again in future sessions, my dog looks good in it, and someday I might have a little girl who can wear it, clearly a wise investment), and the purple Christmas ornaments.  I don't remember the last time we actually had a tree because we travel every Christmas (or the military decides we should move over the holiday), but someday we will have a tree, and it will have purple ornaments.  So there.  The pink was simply paper streamers and a few decorations.  My friend Hadassah made the adorable cake.  I wanted to keep this set simple so that all of the focus was on Allie and her reaction to her cake.  And for the outdoor session: fortunately God is an amazing decorator, and provided us with end-of-fall colors and a beautiful sunset that made the most perfect light you have ever seen.  And on top of that, Allie is one adorable little tough cookie and wasn't even phased by the chill of the evening.
Hope you enjoy these photos of this cute family!!!  If you do, please take time to "like" my facebook page, if you haven't yet!  :)

























1 comment:

  1. Adorable! Ariel, every time I look at your pictures, I pray, please Lord, let us bring our little one home SOON because I cannot wait for pictures like these!

    ReplyDelete