Friday, July 1, 2011

This boy...

is SOOO special to me!  I met his mom back when our husbands were stationed in Kingsville, Texas, right around the time I decided to get involved with photography.  We quickly became good friends.  I remember how happy I was when I found out that she and her husband were expecting.  Somehow, I convinced them to come out into the July heat (for the record Kingsville is ridiculously hot, and most days are 100+ from April on) to be my guinea pigs as I fumbled around with my camera in attempt to take maternity/family shots for them.  Note that she was full term. I probably should have paid them! Fortunately, they were photogenic and gave me a lot to work with, or I would have been sunk!!  Here are a couple of the photos from that day.


When I went to upload these just now, I saw that the date was July 2.  She gave birth on July 8.  Now that is awfully pregnant to be running around in the sweltering heat!  That's how awesome she is.  Anyway, exactly a year has passed since that first "session".  Didn't even realize that until I uploaded those pics! She also let me do newborn photos of him, which was amazing! 

Hopefully, it is safe to say that I have progressed since then.  This first experience with them was all I needed to know that I really do love photography.  I am amazed that all I have learned, and usually overwhelmed at what I still need to learn.  I have so far to go!  I am satisfied with the progression of my technical learning, but now I am starting to think in terms of having my own business, and that is definitely scary!  But for now, I am just going to keep working and enjoy the ride.  I hope you enjoy these photos of my little friend, who is getting ready to celebrate his first birthday.  More to come!



 





No comments:

Post a Comment